<body>
Saturday, January 20, 2007
1:55 AM

frustrated

yes, we got back our results.. i was EXTREMELY disappointed n PUZZLED why i fail my econs. ok i admit im not very studious, but i did try my very best to study the basics. all that i studied came out, all the 3 questions i have graphs supporting, i used up all the 10 pages of the answer booklet.. of coz the more u write doesnt mean u can pass, but i dare to say what i wrote r all BASIC FACTS of econs.

i mean, if i didnt study, i deserved to fail. but the problem is, I STUDIED!

mel was saying that peggy probably is too strict in her marking. out of us, only mon passed n the rest of us failed miserably.

im really confused.. even if i fail, it cant be such low marks! its not as if i wrote rubbish for all 10 pages, or drew comics for the questions. i just dun freaking understand how come i failed so badly.

even mika n mingyang were shocked to know that i failed! n they say there must be some error.


i sent an email to lucas saying i want to have a review.. i'll just paste the content here.

Hi Lucas,

This is Jerlyn from BBMD2 0520A. Can I ask whether can we review our exam papers? I've just received the results and I don't understand why I failed so badly in Macroeconomics Environment of Business. I have studied for the paper, and most of what I studied came out for the exams. So I would like to know how come I did so badly.

I understand that there might be a cost to review a paper. Maybe u can give me the price or any recommendation of what I should do? Or maybe u can give me Peggy Yeo's email address so that I can clarify with her?>>

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
Jerlyn

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jerlyn,

>>If you like to appeal your MEB, you can't do that until you have received your passlist from UOB. The passlist will be mail to you around Mar or Apr.

>At the moment, what I can suggest that you might want to defer MEB first until you have received the passlist. I have attached the details on the appeal. You must look at the points given and point out on which point you would like to appeal at.

>>I'm sorry, I can't give you her contact no.

>>>(See attached file: Appeal for UOB degree.pdf)>
Best Regards,
>Lucas Lee

>>>>><<>>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Lucas,

if I just ask Peggy in school with my answers n if there is really some error somewhere, will I be able to appeal or get the rightful marks?

Or maybe u can give Peggy my email address n ask her to contact me?

Thanks!

Regards,
Jerlyn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jerlyn,

UOB will not accept any appeal until the passlist is out. So no point talking to Peggy as the appeal will go to UOB.

Best Regards,
Lucas

what the hell? i only want to review my paper n i have to go through so many gates?

i mean, i really cant believe i failed badly when most of my answers came from the assignments that she gave n marked, which she graded me with high marks. so naturally, those assignments r a benchmark for us.. if it is like what ju said, she anyhow mark the assignments, i will definitely lodge a complain. this is misleading us!


i was planning to talk to peggy with my answers (since i wrote them previously to study), n asked her if i really deserve the marks.. if the marks that she gave does not differ too greatly, then i will just accept it.. but if i deserve much higher marks, they better give me an explanation.

im really BUEY GAM WAN u know!!!!!!!!!!!

i understand that even if u put in 90% (i wont say 100% la) of effort, it doesnt mean u will be rewarded equally. but this is too much!


ok.. enough of ranting.. im sorry mika n mingyang, i disappoint u all.. despite teaching me n providing notes, yet i still failed badly..


ah well.. im still very frustrated.

enough said.


seems as if alot of ppl fell recently.. haze also had a fall as i read from her blog. actually i also had a fall last week. BUT, haze n me were lucky, we din have any injury like mel...

i fell due to the stupid rain.. dear n me were walking back from the carpark.. n theres a puddle of water on the ground. i slipped n fell.

i scolded dear for not holding on to me.. poor thing, he was innocent! haha! i was pretty sulky till i reached home. until dear realised he left his bag in the car, so he went down to retrieve it.. when he came back, he told me the reason of my fall.

now, u dun normally fell even if theres a puddle of water.. no, my slipper werent slippery. dear said theres mud hidden within the puddle of water.. that is why i fell. dear also tried to step n he realised it IS really slippery.

see, its not my fault. blame it on the constant rain that camouflaged the mud!

n the next day, it is still wet n muddy.. we nearly fell again.. LOL.


oh, scv56 is showing devil beside u again! it is still very nice though i've watched it before. he jun xiang is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO handsome!


im still frustrated with the results though. :\